2007-10-07

bookcases

I'm waiting in front of a black TV screen, the new Top Gear season will be on in a few minutes. Accidentally, I'm also waiting for Dana to come out of the shower. Hopefully on time for Top Gear. There must be priorities after all.

Our priority the last month, as you could have guessed from the lack of activity here, definitively was not blogging, not even Top Gear.
No. We finished (or nearly, some small corners are left to do) our living room floor. And placed a new basement entry hatch, all finished in ridiculously expensive plywood and stainless steel. And painted the entire room. Placed the lights (stainless steel, of course!).

And, ultimately, most gratifying of all things up till now: filled the first half of our new book cases! Yesterday afternoon, in fact, was spent bying books.

Unfortunately I will not have time to read anything the coming week; I'm scheduled to take my IPRC exam on Friday. Late October I'll also have an official career review. Need I say more?

I did get promoted by the way - very nice, and completely out of the blue. Or not: rumour has it that IT companies do all they can to keep their staff from leaving. More on that after my review - if the rumours are correct, my salary raise (if any..) should reflect them.

You might have noticed I did not place any pictures of our almost finished living room: I'd rather people come and see for themselves :)

3 Comments:

Blogger TDEC said...

Oh man, I miss Top Gear. I may have to spend all of the Christmas holidays watching Top Gear. And all of the other Actual TV I've been missing, because, let's face it, there's nothing much here except Monk and Stephen Colbert...

wo okt 17, 05:24:00 p.m. CEST  
Blogger perelaar said...

No worries then. I have Top Gear all recorded. The "winter olympics" is my all time favourite.

do okt 18, 07:47:00 a.m. CEST  
Blogger TDEC said...

My all time favourite is still the saga about the Toyota flatbed truck. Best car feature in the history of car tv.

do okt 18, 10:15:00 p.m. CEST  

Een reactie posten

<< Home