2007-07-10

Als ze me missen...

Long time no see - but as you know, "als ze me missen ben ik vissen". I went fishing in Goebelsmühle (next to Bourscheid, Luxemburg) on the river Sure, together with my cousin and his (most likely) future brother-in-law.

The odds were against us with murky water and very high levels and flow rate - nevertheless we never caught that much fish, let alone such large fish. Some lessons learned on the way though:
  • catch rate is directly related to alcohol percentage. We found the native trout especially liked Chivas Regal, 12 years old
  • never ever smell the inside of your waders, especially not when you are only wearing those waders
  • never leave waders outside overnight - ticks like them. Trust me, I saw one up close in my waders
  • do not eat beans whilst camping three in one tent
  • Luxemburg pastry and bread roll quality excels
  • triple fish hooks hurt. Almost as much as manually removing ticks
  • sun-heated trout slime stinks - a lot
Now for the better part: some impressions...








Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anoniem said...

En geamuseerd dat ik mij heb...

wo jul 11, 02:39:00 p.m. CEST  

Een reactie posten

<< Home