2008-12-11

new temporary car

Stellegasie has a new car since last week. As you probably know I had a Seat Léon before. Very nice, very sporty, high likelihood of nasty accidents since it was so inviting to push on.

Now I have a Peugeot 308. Same class of car, a few less bhp, far more luxuries. But honestly it is the worst car I have ever driven.

Cabin quality and finish is almost up to Volkswagen standards, but the ride definitively isn't. Steering is sloppy at best, high-speed stability is too scary to try for more than a few minutes at a time, the engine is rather lazy. I don't mind the fact that it is less powerfull than my previous cars - after all, even this one goes fast enough to cost me my drivers' licence when pushed long enough.

But I'm not happy with it. In fact I hate it. I feel comfortable in it, but not safe. Not even when obeying traffic law.

Hopefully my "own" leasecar arrives soon, so I can return the rental Peugeot. Fabrication is scheduled for next week, so I'm told, and transport to Belgium shouldn't take too long. Maybe I'll have a nice Christmas present, then :)

Labels: