2006-09-17

overdue

No updates for a long time, and with good reason. Loads of work at office with everybody coming back from holidays and needing a password reset, loads of work in the house, and some private troubles.

Office work should be ok, it seems I'm on the shortlist to go to another project. We'll see how short that list actually is.
Work in our house is ongoing. But we do have a kitchen now! The gas is not connected yet, and the false ceiling is only half done - but at least all the rest is there. And it looks great :)

As for the private troubles, worry not: nothing wrong with me or my wife. We only got some very bad news a few days ago, the kind of news that arrives with a phonecall in the middle of the night, when you know instinctively something is seriously wrong...
In fact, my grandmothers house burned down. She was not inside, fortunately, but most of the house and the furniture are gone. Caused by the neighbours' tumbledrier. Ironically, his house is far less damaged than my grandmother's. I'll go see the damage tomorrow, and hope to get some pictures.

So for all who did not get it yet: tumbledriers are bad for you!

2 Comments:

Blogger TDEC said...

Oh wow. I am glad your grandmother is ok; where is she staying now? How heavy is the damage?

di sep 19, 01:14:00 p.m. CEST  
Blogger perelaar said...

She has been staying at my uncle's place for almost a year now - she is to old to live alone safely.

As for damage, I don't think it can be repaired properly. Furniture and all is destroyed by heat and smoke; the kitchen and bathroom basically melted, and the entire back part of the house is exposed to the elements now since the roof collapsed.

I'll post some pictures the coming days.

do sep 21, 11:16:00 a.m. CEST  

Een reactie posten

<< Home