2006-12-18

X-mas

I'm not really into Christmas - apart from my dislike of the religious part, it always seemed a bit commercial. Over the top. Obligatory presents and the like. Eating till you drop (that's not that bad though; but I'd rather do it whenever it suits me, not when I'm expected to).

This year's December holidays will be different though. We already did presents: for my wife, for me, and for our respective parents. In fact I can't stop playing with mine: I have been nagging about it for two years now...

But what makes this Christmas stand out is the general craziness of the Flemish. Bad taste in decorations, to say the least. Everywhere you look you see these hanged Santa Clauses, sometimes even in little groups.

After a quick count this weekend on the King's roads I can safely state Belgium from now on has a Santa density of 1 per 250 meters, in built-up areas. Would make a great idea for taxation - maybe this way the government could save this years budget?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anoniem said...

hehe, inderdaad een dikke geldverspilling!

di dec 26, 11:18:00 p.m. CET  
Anonymous Anoniem said...

hehe,inderdaad een dikke geldverspilling!

di dec 26, 11:19:00 p.m. CET  

Een reactie posten

<< Home